OK ladies, I've gotten TONS of requests to share the recipe for my famous Protein Balls, and I didn't want to keep you waiting a second longer! :)
Eating healthy is such a crucial part of maintaining that beautiful, glowing skin that we all want and deserve.
Once you learn how to make delicious and inexpensive healthy snacks, you will feel SO much better in everything you do.
These Protein Balls make for the perfect healthy snack -- guilt-free and super tasty!
I'll also include the recipe for the Green Juice I make every single morning, which is loaded with vitamins and anti-oxidants (great for your skin!).
Pro Tip: When you're short on time in the morning, substitute breakfast with a few Protein Balls and some Green Juice... the perfect start to your day!
Emily Jean's Famous Protein Balls
(Yields 10-12 protein balls)
1.5 Cup Cashews (or other nuts)
1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder (I use vegan)
1 Tbsp Hemp, Flax or Chia Seeds (optional)
1. Put all of the ingredients in a food processor (nuts go in first), and blend until you get a smooth, consistent mixture
2. Roll into balls and put in the fridge
3. Let them sit in the fridge for at least one hour
**I usually double the recipe because the balls last a while in the fridge, so feel free to make as many as you want!**
Vitamin-Packed Green Juice
(Yields 3 cups)
4 Large Apples
6 Celery Stalks
2 Kale Leaves
1. Thoroughly wash the ingredients under running water
2. Core the apples, or just slice them into wedges
3. De-stem the kale (and celery if necessary), and chop the celery into smaller pieces
4. Put all ingredients into the juicer, and enjoy!
**If your juicer didn't come with a storage cup with handle/lid, I strongly recommend picking one up -- perfect for keeping fresh Green Juice in the fridge whenever you want it!**
These Protein Balls and Green Juice are the perfect start for anyone who is looking to improve their diet with some natural alternatives.
Again, I cannot overstate how AMAZING you will feel after just a few weeks, and how much healthier your skin will look!
I'll be posting more awesome recipes on our Facebook Page, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled! :)